It's 1947 and along New York City's Broadway Avenue, theatres are stuffed to capacity with anxious spectators waiting to be entertained. Inside the Arlington Theatre, it's the first scene of the new Broadway play Olympian Days, and leading actor Jackson Turner has failed to make his grand entrance! Why? He's been brutally murdered in his dressing room backstage.
In Bludgeoned on Broadway, everyone is acting a part, and it's up to you to figure out who's hiding behind the mask of illusion, deception, and even murder! You can form alliances, blackmail each other, steal items and money, and generally usurp and upset others' attempts to achieve goals!
Along the way, you may solve some of Bludgeoned on Broadway's mysteries, like who is the Theatre Bomber? Who is the Midwest Murderer? Who is a Communist? And of course, who murdered Jackson Turner? Find out in Bludgeoned on Broadway!
Bludgeoned on Broadway is a dinner party murder mystery game for 8 to 13 guests and a host, and is a family-friendly game suitable for adults or for kids down to the age of 15.Characters include:
- "Scrappy" Barker - the wily owner of the Arlington Theatre
- Bruno - the stage manager and a tough mafia soldier
- Dorothy Sadler - the ditzy leading actress debuting in the role of Hera, Greek Queen of the Gods
- Franco Torrio - fronts as a waste management consultant, but really a powerful mafia capo
- Hannah Edelstein - the production's talented choreographer and a Jewish immigrant from Denmark
- Harold Finney - the veteran character actor and mischievous storyteller playing the role of Hades, God of the Underworld
- Jordan Lutrova - the costume / prop coordinator and an eccentric collector of antiques and other treasures
- Lana Johnson - the glamorous and talented Broadway actress playing the supporting role of Aphrodite, Greek Goddess of Love
- Logan Randolph - a New York City police detective
- Mayor La Garner - the ambitious New York City Mayor
- Olivia Dalton - the Olympian Days producer
- Pat Waddle - the studious and idealistic Olympian Days playwright
- Taylor Higgins - a newspaper reporter from the Manhattan Happenings newspaper
Purchase Bludgeoned on Broadway
- Freeform Games [ $29.99 ]
Bludgeoned on Broadway is unlike many murder mystery games. Although the game starts with a murder, most of the characters have more important things to do than to investigate it. And the killing may not be over – it is unlikely that everyone will survive the remainder of the evening!
Bludgeoned on Broadway is played just like a murder mystery game. You may be trying to solve the murder, but primarily you are (initially at least) concentrating on your own goals and objectives. Unlike most boxed murder mystery games, Bludgeoned on Broadway lets you decide how to achieve your goals and thwart your enemies.On the evening of the game the guests are met by the organizer, the Director, and welcomed to the Arlington Theatre. They then receive their detailed backgrounds - including dark secrets, objectives and money. The fun then begins as they form alliances, blackmail each other, steal items and maybe even try to murder one another! Depending on what the players choose to do, there are several different possible endings, but finally everyone finds out how they did, and what secrets everyone else was concealing.
This murder mystery game comes with a Cast Iron Guarantee: if you're not completely satisfied with the game, simply request a refund from Freeform Games within 30 days.
The descriptions and images for this game are based on information provided by the publisher. All rights reserved.