The King of Hearts, spiritual leader of the pack, has been found slain, a sword thrust through his head. One of the other picture cards must be responsible. The Joker has demanded an immediate court of enquiry. But what dark and dangerous passions will be revealed in the deck?
Is it true that one eyed Jacks are wild? What happened to the King of Hearts' moustache? Why does the Jack of Clubs have a feather in his cap? And is the Queen of Spades' sceptre as innocent as it seems! Your mission is to find out which suit harbors the killer while also making as much money as possible on Mr Betts the Bookmaker's Homicidal Handicap! An exciting murder mystery inspired by card games, fortune telling, gambling and the history of cards!
- Mr Betts - Host of the game. Also runs the "Homicidal Handicap" bookmaking service.
- Mr Justice Joker - Known as "The Fool", the Joker will be presiding over the court of enquiry.
- The Spades - The suit of power and arrogance, spades are deemed to represent the aristocracy.
- The Hearts - Connected with love and religion, hearts are supposed to represent the priesthood.
- The Diamonds - Said to bessociated with wealth, position and material gain.
- The Clubs - The commoners of the pack, clubs represent the poor and destitute.
Deluxe Version Contents:
- 1 Instruction Booklet
- 1 Mr Betts the Bookmaker Booklet
- 4 Homicidal Handicap Betting Sheets
- 5 Role Selection Cards
- 3 Court Waiting Room Envelopes (containing court cards and aces)
- 6 Clue Envelopes
- 5 Happy Family Witness Envelopes
- 1 Mr Justice Joker Robing Room Envelope
- 1 Mr Justice Joker Summing Up Envelope
- 1 Confession
This game is available in email-only, economy, and deluxe versions. Refer to MerryMurder.com for details.
The descriptions and images for this game are based on information provided by the publisher. All rights reserved.